[Rd] Adding support for S7 to base R

Sat Feb 18 18:29:52 CET 2023

On 18/02/2023 9:51 a.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> One more comment:
>
> The utils::setBreakpoint() function should be updated to be able to set
> breakpoints in S7 methods, or a substitute function should be added to
> the S7 package.
>
> RStudio 2022.12.0+353 (not sure if that's the latest) also needs to be
> taught how to do that, since it doesn't seem to use setBreakpoint.

I took a look at updating setBreakpoint().  I can get findLineNum() to
work, but setBreakpoint() doesn't work because trace() doesn't work.
debug() doesn't work either:  it looks as though it is trying to treat
an S7 method as an S4 method.

Will the already proposed changes help with debugging, or is that a
completely separate issue?

Duncan Murdoch