[Rd] Unnecessary note when import only used in arg definition

Mon Feb 6 21:47:16 CET 2023

On 06/02/2023 2:31 p.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 06/02/2023 1:59 p.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>> I think the usual rule is that a qualified use of a package is
>> sufficient to suppress the warning without any entry in the NAMESPACE
>> file.  So if there isn't something else going on, Antoine's example
>> illustrates a bug (or at least an inconsistency) in the check code.
>
> Here's where the problem arises:
>
> https://github.com/r-devel/r-svn/blob/7a2207dad15b8eed8c3d1c5cc49f29d431c289bd/src/library/tools/R/QC.R#L2105

Whoops, I think that's the wrong location.  I think this is the right one:

https://github.com/r-devel/r-svn/blob/7a2207dad15b8eed8c3d1c5cc49f29d431c289bd/src/library/tools/R/QC.R#L5754

There are two similar functions in that big source file.

Duncan Murdoch