[Rd] zapsmall(x) for scalar x

Steve Martin @tevem@rt|n041 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 17 06:11:31 CET 2023

Zapping a vector of small numbers to zero would cause problems when
printing the results of summary(). For example, if
zapsmall(c(2.220446e-16, ..., 2.220446e-16)) == c(0, ..., 0) then
print(summary(2.220446e-16), digits = 7) would print
   Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
        0          0            0           0           0          0

The same problem can also appear when printing the results of
summary.glm() with show.residuals = TRUE if there's little dispersion
in the residuals.

Steve