[Rd] Heads up about documentation-related reports

Elio Campitelli e||oc@mp|te||| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 22 16:57:25 CEST 2023

Thans for the response, Martin.

I've updated the project web page to focus first on the existing bugs and filling new ones, without mention of examples: https://contributor.r-project.org/r-project-sprint-2023/projects/documentation/
The idea was not about removing complex examples but about adding simple examples. Complex examples can be useful to surface advanced functionality or neat usages of a function, but simple examples illustrate basic functionality, particularly for beginners who need to understand how a function behaves in its most simple case before being able to understand any more interesting behaviour or interaction with other functions. That's one criteria for "better" in this context.
Cheers,
Elio