[Rd] a quick and dirty way to compile R on win arm64 using clangarm64

yu gong yugong @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Mon Aug 14 03:46:16 CEST 2023

>Well, yes, R-devel builds with clang/flang also for  Windows/aarch64. I've committed this option (USE_LLVM) last week together with other required changes,
> but it is still work in progress, not documented nor well tested.
 > I have created for this a (subset) of Rtools43 for >aarch64 (available at https://www.r->project.org/nosvn/winutf8/ucrt3/).
>This goes together with >efforts of Brian Ripley and CRAN to make CRAN packages work with flang.
fantastic, will try this toolchain.

>If you were interested in helping out, one thing missing is >several Rtools43 (MXE) packages that don't yet build with
>clang for aarch64 (ping me for details if you are interested).
definitely, will try build these packages .
>If you are interested in R on Windows/aarch64, stay tuned. But what I have already allows >to build R-devel with base and recommended packages and to pass check-all, yet still
>requires some cleanups. R still needs to be taught about the new architecture in some >places, particularly in the package management, now it still thinks it is x64. I've not yet
>gotten to testing any other R packages.
Looking forward R for windows arm64 . yes, R on aarch64 still think it is x64 , navie grep source code shows: makefiles,some library  R codes and c codes  and installer codes are affected , need to be tuned.

>If you were interested in helping out, one thing missing is several Rtools43 (MXE) packages that don't yet build with clang for aarch64 (ping me for details if you are interested).
definitely, will try build these packages .

regards
Yu