[Rd] Should '@" now be listed in tools:::.get_internal_S3_generics() ?

Karolis Koncevičius k@ro||@@koncev|c|u@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 28 21:34:17 CEST 2023

I was building a package that uses the new generic @ and kept having errors with “roxygen2” documentation. “roxygen2” generated NAMESPACE added `@.newclass` as a newly exported function, not as a S3method.

At first I thought this must be a bug in roxygen2 and they lag behind the new developments in R. But after some investigation I found that “roxygen2” is using tools:::.get_internal_S3_generis() to decide if the method should be exported as S3method or not. For some reason “@<-“ is listed in there, but “@“ is not.

Am I missing some context, or is this an oversight?

Kind regards,
Karolis Koncevicius