[Rd] sum(), min(), max(), prod() vs. named arguments in ...

Mon Apr 17 14:03:28 CEST 2023

В Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:34:33 -0400
Mikael Jagan <jaganmn2 using gmail.com> пишет:

> Forbidding or warning against tagged arguments other than 'na.rm'
> would be quite intrusive, since it is not uncommon to see
> do.call(sum, <named list>).

Thank you for providing this counter-example! I did suspect this to be
a non-starter, but didn't have a proof.

> str(...) only gives the structure of the first argument matching the
> dots.

Also, thanks for the detailed explanation of what I was observing in my
example sum() method. I should have paid attention to my str() calls.

--
Best regards,
Ivan