[Rd] Unique ID for conditions to supress/rethrow selected conditions?

@osp@m m@iii@g oii @itieid-im@de @osp@m m@iii@g oii @itieid-im@de
Sun Apr 16 12:56:58 CEST 2023

I am the author of the *tryCatchLog* package and want to

- suppress selected conditions (warnings and messages)
- rethrow  selected conditions (e.g a specific warning as a message or to "rename" the condition text).

I could not find any reliable unique identifier for each possible condition

- that (base) R throws
- that 3rd-party packages can throw (out of scope here).

Is there any reliable way to identify each possible condition of base R?

Are there plans to implement such an identifier ("errno")?

PS: Things that do not work good enough IMHO:

    1. Just use the condition classes (not really unique to distiguish between each and every condition))

    2. Try to match the condition text
       (it depends on the active language setting in R which cannot be switched "on the fly" on each platform
        and wordings or translations may even change in the future)