[Rd] Archive policy and Rcpp?

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Mon Apr 10 22:35:18 CEST 2023

Hi Dominick,

While somebody from CRAN might eventually reply here, your query is actually OT for R-Devel, which has been, since circa 2015, focused on more technical code development (e.g. C/C++/FORTRAN, etc.) and core R development issues, rather than on CRAN and package development related topics.

A better option for questions on package development/CRAN related topics would be to post to R-Package-Devel:

or perhaps better yet in this specific case, directly to the CRAN folks at CRAN using R-project.org.

FWIW, my read of the CRAN policy at:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

would suggest that there is an expectation that older versions of packages are "archived in perpetuity".

Regards,

Marc Schwartz
R-Devel Co-Admin