[Rd] * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE

Fri Nov 26 16:00:54 CET 2021

On 26 November 2021 at 14:40, Witold E Wolski wrote:
| I am submitting a package to CRAN and I am asked to fix 2 NOTE's
| I am not sure how I should ask the following NOTE?
|
| <message>
| * this is package 'sigora' version '3.0.9'
| * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
| Maintainer: 'Witold Wolski <wew using fgcz.ethz.ch>'
|
| New submission

Well, yes.

| Package was archived on CRAN

No idea. Was that your package too? If not are you trying to replace with new
functionality under old name?  Can you explain?

| License components with restrictions and base license permitting such:
|   GPL-3 + file LICENSE
| File 'LICENSE':
|                       GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
|                          Version 3, 29 June 2007

That's wrong. You do not need a 'LICENSE', just use 'License: GPL-3' if that
is your preference.

Note that https://github.com/cran/ gives you an easy way to browse among the
sources of 18+ thousand packages and search.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org