[Rd] R 4.0.1-4.0.2 built with Intel Composer 19.0-19.1.1, error in "make check" on CentOS 7.7

Ryan Novosielski novo@|rj @end|ng |rom rutger@@edu
Fri Jun 26 19:03:58 CEST 2020

> On Jun 25, 2020, at 8:06 AM, Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 18:56:06 +0000
> Ryan Novosielski <novosirj using rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
> On my machine, getOption('expressions') is 5000 and the example from
> the test correctly stops with length(traceback()) == 2500. (And the
> simpler example of f <- function() f(); f() stops with
> length(traceback()) == 5000).
>
>> Traceback:
>
> <...>
>
>> 2718: foo()
>
> This (traceback() being more than 2500 entries long) seems to imply
> that the stack size check is somehow skipped. (Perhaps optimized away?)
> The evaluation depth limit is checked in src/main/eval.c, line 705 [*],
> followed by stack size check. Can you attach the debugger and take a
> look at the values of R_EvalDepth and R_Expressions while executing the
> text? What about R_CStackStart and R_CStackLimit? What is the stack
> size limit (ulimit -s?) on the machine running this test?

I can do that. I figure you may have more experience debugging R than I have, but I know the R command is a script, and that running the R binary directly doesn’t result in a working run. So what I’ve tried is to do “gdb /bin/bash” and then running R from that shell. Is that best/are there guidelines? I’m not much of an expert in this area. Is there also any special way I need to compile R to have the appropriate symbols?

The shell I’m running in had 8192 for stack size:

[novosirj using amarel-test1 R-4.0.2-intel-19.1-build]$ ulimit -s
8192

Thanks for your help!

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj using rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'