[Rd] R CMD check warning with S3 method

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:33:25 CEST 2014

> When you provide a method for a generic function imported from another
> package then the generic must be on the search path. Otherwise if a user
> types "filter" the dispatch to "filter.test" will never occur.

Right, and this is as desired. If dplyr is not explicitly loaded by
the user, filter.ggvis will never be called.

I don't understand why ggvis should be need to re-export filter from
dplyr - the intent is that filter will be useable with ggvis object,
but you'll only have the filter generic available if you've loaded
dplyr.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/