[Rd] How to set up an own package repository

Friedrich Leisch friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Sep 17 16:39:04 CEST 2010

  > Dear List,
  > I'd like to set up a package repository so I can use install.packages() on
  > it for home-grown packages. I set up an AMPP infrastructure on a windows box
  > already, but I'm pretty lost with respect to what to do next as I didn't do
  > any web-programming/admin yet. Could anyone recommend some r-specific
  > tutorials or has a couple of suggestions for me? I've had a look at the
  > official R manual, but it just describes the required repository structure,
  > but not how to implement that. I'd also be willing to dive into SVN and
  > alikes if you think that's best practice.

If all machines involved can mount the repository as a network drive
you need no webserver at all, just use a file:/path/to/repository URL
for the repository.

If you want a full featured web frontend you may want to have a look
at the Bioconductor scripts for generating repositories:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.7/bioc/html/biocViews.html

and especially

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.7/bioc/vignettes/biocViews/inst/doc/createReposHtml.pdf

The scripts for CRAN are also in R but very specific for CRANs needs ...

Best,
Fritz

Prof. Dr. Friedrich Leisch

Institut für Statistik                          Tel: (+49 89) 2180 3165
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität                  Fax: (+49 89) 2180 5308
Ludwigstraße 33
D-80539 München                     http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~leisch