[Rd] R 2.9.0 devel: package installation with configure-args option

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 18:44:50 CET 2009

That version of R is 'under development' and the INSTALL file says

## FIXME: this loses quotes, so filepaths with spaces in get broken up

so it is I think the same as a known issue.

The whole package installation process has been completely
reconstructed for R-devel, and the process is not quite finished.
And this is a low priority as there are effective workarounds.