[Rd] Locating MiKTeX

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Nov 11 04:13:21 CET 2008

Hi, Gabor:

<in line>

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> MiKTeX automatically downloads additional required packages
> that your *.tex files use.  Something is wrong with your installation
> if it did not try to do that automatically for you.
>
> Although the following should not be necessary, if you do
> want to download and install additional MiKTeX packages
> yourself without a massive download just invoke the
> MiKTeX package manager by entering at the Windows
> command line:
>
> mpm
>
> or, if you don't have MiKTeX on your path you can run
>
> rtools.bat
> mpm
>
> where rtools.bat, which is from http://batchfiles.googlecode.com ,
> will temporarily add MiKTeX to your path so that you can run mpm
> and other MiKTeX tools.

      Thanks.  What should I have done to obtain the information you
just provided?

      When 'pdflatex wrapper.tex' failed for me, I tried several things,
including consulting my
local Info Tech wizards.  What you suggest sounds reasonable, except
that my attempts to
find information like that failed.

      Thanks again,
      Spencer