[Rd] setGeneric

Roger Koenker roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 2 03:14:53 MEST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Luke Tierney wrote:

> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, John Chambers wrote:
> >
> > > I think this is a consequence of the extra context added to make methods
> > > work right with R lexical scoping, namespaces, etc.  Or a subtlety in
> > > R's definition of missing()?
> > >

> > We need a bit more info transferred across from the generic and we
> > need to reset the environments of the promises for missing arguments.
> > I'll look into it.
>
> A workaround should be in place in R-devel now.

Thanks very much!  It looks like the problems we had are now resolved in the new
R-devel, and SparseM is back in business.

Roger

url:	www.econ.uiuc.edu	Roger Koenker		Dept. of Economics UCL,
email	rkoenker at uiuc.edu	Department of Economics Drayton House,
vox: 	217-333-4558		University of Illinois	30 Gordon St,
fax:   	217-244-6678		Champaign, IL 61820	London,WC1H 0AX, UK